9/18/2007

1999 Linden Hardscrabble Chardonnay

My Score 6/10
Price (My price) $30($25)

Apple and vanilla aroma. Crispy, golden apple taste (or grapefruit?) flavor. Smooth attach, followed by elegant finish....

I bought this bottle due to strong recommendation by Arrowine, a wine shop located 5 min by car from my house. According to one of their "wine experts?", "you should buy this bottle now. It's one of their best chardonnay. Otherwise, it'll sell out soon". OK, I thought, this sales talk sounds a bit too much, but I should try because I don't know this place at all. So, I ended up buying this wine. This wine was just fine. Not much fault, but not much appeal. Worth of $30? I don't know.... Actually what annoyed me later is that I found the winery sells this bottle at $27. I hate finding bottles that cost more at shops than at wineries:(

Anyway, this Hardscrabble is Linden's estate vineyard, which is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, VA since 1981. Linden vineyards seem to follow European (or I would say French) wine-making style, with Bordeaux grapes for red and Chardonnay for white. With little knowledge on Virginian wine, Linden vineyards looks like one of the most popular and established wineries in the region.


1999 Linden Hardscrabble Chardonnay
830 cases produced.
Said to age wonderfully for many years
100% chardonnay

Purchased at Arrowine, Arlington

No comments: